Jon Hazlett has quietly been making a name for himself on the southern Oregon coast for the past 10 years. When we spoke with Jon, it was obvious he has developed a relationship with his rivers that can only come from time on the water.
While Jon guides the world famous Rogue River for both summer and winter steelhead, he also fishes a lot of not-so-famous waters. Rivers that are often overshadowed by the nearby Rogue and Umpqua systems.
Fishing coastal rivers requires a knack of being in the right place at the right time. Heavy rains bring his rivers up quickly. However, when the rains subside, the rivers can be chalk full of chrome bright fish. With the number of incredible rivers Jon has at his finger tips, he can move easily to find clear water and fresh steelhead.
Steelhead Guide: Jon Hazlett
Business Name: "Jonny On The Spot Guide Service"
Guide Rivers: Rogue, Applegate, Oregon South Coast Rivers
Type of Trips: Day Trips
Phone: (541) 941-0186
We asked Jon what gear he uses for southern Oregon steelhead... Here it is.
- Rio MOW Light Floating Tip
- Rio MOW Light Sink-tips T-8
- Rio Skagit Flight Head Mega Kit
- Rio Steelhead Scandi Head
- Rio AFS Shooting Head Kit
- Rio AFS Shooting Head Mega Kit
- Rio Steelhead Scandi Head Mega Kit
- Rio MOW Sink-tips Kit
- Rio MOW Heavy Sink-tips T-14
- Rio MOW Medium Sink-tips T-11
- Rio MOW Medium Floating Tip
- Rio MOW Heavy Floating Tip
- Rio Skagit Flight Head Versitip
- Rio Scandi Short Versi Tip
- Rio Skagit Flight Head
- Rio AFS Shooting Head
- Rio Powerflex Core Floating Shooting Line
- Rio Spey Versi 15' Leader
- Rio T-17, T-14, T-11. T-8 Sink-tip Material
- Tibor Riptide Fly Reel
Get all your Fly Fishing Product at our home store at www.gorgeflyshop.com.
The Gorge Fly Shop